City Seal Art Contest Announcement
The City of McAllen is looking for a design to create a new City Seal. The City Seal will be used on official documents, and may also be used on city flags, websites, official city pins, business cards, letterhead, awards, and other formal places.
The McAllen City Seal should be indicative of the history and culture of McAllen. It should be a design appropriate for multiple uses, from very large to very small.
To enter, go to www.exploremcallen.com/cityseal and upload your design.
The winning design will be used by the City of McAllen. The creator of the winning design will receive $1,500 and recognition during an upcoming City Commission meeting.
Deadline to submit designs is April 30, 2015.
City Seal Design Contest Rules
1. By entering this contest the applicant declares that all entries submitted are original artwork designed by the applicant. By submitting art, the applicant accepts sole responsibility for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
2. There is no restriction on the number of designs a person may submit.
3. There is no fee to submit artwork designs.
4. All entries must be submitted online. Uploaded images must not exceed 1200X1200 px, and resolution must not be greater than 72 dpi. Acceptable formats are jpg, gif, pdf.
5. The selected design will become property of the City of McAllen, with all rights assigned thereto in perpetuity.
6. The McAllen City Commission will select the winning design. Decision of the City Commission is final.
7. Applicants further declare that they are at least 18 years of age or have the permission of their legal guardian to enter the contest.
8. The contest is open to all people who reside, work, or attend school or church in McAllen.
9. The artist submitting the winning entry will receive $1,500.
10. By entering the contest, the applicant agrees to abide by the rules of the contest as set forth above. All rules are final and binding. Applicants further agree that if their design is selected as the winner, winner will agree to the use of his/her name and/or image for promotional and/or advertising uses for no further remuneration than the stated contest prize.
11. The City of McAllen, McAllen Chamber of Commerce, and their employees, and volunteers, are not responsible for entries not received due to technical issues and accept no responsibility for technical support of entries.
Online Submission Form
City, State, Zip code_________________________________________________
I certify that I am 18 years of age or older. _____yes ____no
If younger than 18 years of age, name of legal guardian__________________
Legal guardian’s email address_________________________________________
Legal guardian’s phone number________________________________________